Tax Responsibility Changes Amidst COVID-19
The Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service are providing special relief to individuals and businesses in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
All information below is subject to change as additional information becomes available.
Federal Income Tax Return Filing and Payments
- For tax year 2019 the individual and business tax filing and payment deadline is now July 15, 2020.
- This relief also includes tax year 2020 estimated tax payments that are normally due on April 15 and June 15 of 2020. These have both been extended to July 15, 2020.
- Please follow the link below with any further questions:
- Please follow the link below for any updates from the US Treasury:
Funding for IRAs and HSAs
- The due date for tax year 2019 funding of IRAs and HSAs has also been extended to July 15, 2020
State and Local Tax Return Filing and Payments
- State requirements are not always the same as federal filing deadlines. The IRS urges taxpayers to check with their state tax agencies for details on their specific requirements. You can click on the following link to determine what your state is currently requiring: COVID-19 Tax Deadline Updates by State.
- The State of Ohio has officially extended the 2019 income tax filing deadline to match the IRS July deadline.
- Ohio local income tax agencies have also announced they are following the IRS July deadline for the 2019 tax year.